A Students Step By Step Guide To Getting Started With WITS Ulwazi | University of the Witwatersrand
ulwazi is the Wits Learning Management System (LMS). It uses the Canvas online platform to support teaching and learning, Canvas is a modern, powerful LMS used by thousands of universities around the world. It is hosted in the Cloud so it can be accessed by many users simultaneously.
- Ulwazi is used as a platform to deliver and support online teaching and learning. Ulwazi is powered by CANVAS.
- You will have access to all your courses and course material once you have logged into Ulwazi
- Ulwazi is available on PC, Web and Mobile
Why Do I Need To Use Ulwazi?
You need to use Ulwazi in order to continue and succeed in your studies. You need to use Ulwazi in order to:
- Access all your courses
- Access course materials, such as lectures, classes and resources.
- Complete activities & assignments.
- Stay up to date with announcements.
- Participate in classes and discussions.
To access WITS Ulwazi
From a Computer:
From the mobile app:
- Go to the app store for IOS or Android devices and search for Canvas.
- download Canvas Teacher.
- Once installed you will see a button that says “Find my school”. Type in ulwazi University of the Witwatersrand (Wits).
How To log in to the WITS Ulwazi
sign in by typing [your student number]@students.wits.ac.za, then enter your password
sign in by typing [your staff number]@wits.ac.za, then enter your password
For help getting into ulwazi:
- Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to log in
- Click here for a short video on how to log in
WITS Ulwazi How-to resources
For help using ulwazi once you are logged in:
Helping You Learn Online (HYLO) is an Ulwazi-based course site that provides a range of lessons and exciting resources to help you not only succeed, but thrive in an online learning environment.
Go To: https://ulwazi.wits.ac.za/courses/102
Can’t Remember or Lost WITS Ulwazi Password
If you can’t remember or lost your password, You can visit https://wits.ac.za/mywits/password-reset for information or use the ‘Self-Service Password Reset’ by following these steps:
- Go To: https://passwordreset.wits.ac.za
- Insert Your Username and Click Next
- Insert Your ID Number and WitsNumber and Click Next
- Insert The OTP Sent To Your Cell Number
- Insert Your New Password
Success : Your Password has been reset
Applicants – Your Password is your date of birth in (YYMMDD) format eg. 861224.
Current Students – Your Password is your current Student password.