If you are a parent or guardian in Gauteng, you may be wondering how to go about registering your child for school. The Gauteng Department of Education has made it easy to do so by offering an online registration system. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to register your child for school using the Gde online registration system.
Find a detailed step-by-step guide to Gde online registration
The Gauteng Department Of Education provides an online registration portal for parents and guardians to register their children for school. The process is simple and only takes a few minutes to complete.
How to Complete the Registration Process
The Gauteng Department of Education has introduced an online registration portal to make the registration process for Grade 1 and 8 easy and convenient. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to complete the registration process on the portal:
To register your child on the GDE online registration portal, follow these steps:
- 1. Visit the GDE website and click on the “Online Registration” link.
- 2. Enter your child’s personal details including their name, date of birth, gender and ID number.
- 3. Select the grade that your child will be starting in and select their preferred language of instruction.
- 4. Choose the school that you would like your child to attend from the list of schools provided.
- 5. Review all of the information you have entered and submit the form.
You will then receive a confirmation email with your child’s admission details. Please note that you will need to provide supporting documents when you visit the school to complete the registration process.
How to Register on the GDE website
If you are a first-time user, you will need to register on the GDE website before you can access any of the online services. Registration is quick and easy, and will only require some basic information from you.
To register, simply click on the ‘register’ link at the top of the page. On the registration form, you will need to provide your name, contact details and a chosen username and password. Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an activation email. Click on the link in this email to activate your account and then you will be able to log in and start using the GDE website.
What is Needed to Register
In order to register for the Gauteng Department of Education online, you will need the following:
- -A valid email address
- -Your child’s birth certificate
- -Your child’s immunization records
- -Proof of residency in the form of a lease or utility bill
- -Your child’s most recent physical examination results (if available)
Frequently Asked Questions about Registration
1. How do I register my child for school?
To register your child for school, you will need to complete the online registration form and submit it to the Gauteng Department of Education.
2. What information do I need to provide on the registration form?
When completing the online registration form, you will be required to provide your child’s personal details, such as their full name, date of birth and contact details. You will also need to provide your own contact details so that the department can get in touch with you if there are any issues with your child’s registration.
3. How do I know if my child is eligible for free schooling?
All children who are citizens of South Africa are entitled to free schooling up to Grade 12. To check if your child is eligible for free schooling, you can contact the Gauteng Department of Education or visit their website.
4. What documents do I need to submit with my child’s registration form?
When submitting your child’s registration form, you will need to attach a copy of their birth certificate and a recent passport-sized photo of them. If you have any other relevant documents, such as a court order or medical report, you are welcome to submit these as well.