Nutritionist at Sustainable Environment Management Action (SEMA)
Sustainable Environment Management Action (SEMA)
Sustainable Environment Management Action (SEMA) is a nongovernment organization which set out to fight poverty through improving Health and Nutrition status, Inclusive quality Education, WASH services, Good Governance and Leadership, Institutional development, Climate Change (Mitigation and adaptation), Agricultural productivity and Environmental Management and Conservation in the rural areas of the poor and marginalized communities.
SEMA in partnership with Stromme Foundation (SF) is implementing the Enhanced Livelihoods through Commercial Agricultural Production (ELCAP) Project in three districts (Ikungi, Iramba and Manyoni) in Singida region, Tanzania. The project overall goal is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of small-scale farmers and their households by increasing food security, enhancing income generating opportunities and creating jobs.
Title : Nutritionist
Employment type : Fulltime
Location : Singida Region, Tanzania
Duration : 1-year renewable
ELCAP project aims at improving nutritional status and reduce number of Tanzanians live below the food poverty line, their diets are lacking diversity and nutritious diets remain unaffordable in most households especially in Ikungi, Iramba and Manyoni districts. The Nutritionist shall work closely with other project team, extension officers and nutrition officers at wards and district level to resolve the existing problems in satisfying household food requirements. To create awareness concerning food diversification, food security and ensure leguminous protein-rich pigeon peas could improve the quality of the local maize-dominated diet. Cash crops such as sunflower seeds could improve the cash flow, allowing the purchase of more nutritious food items at household level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate provision of nutrition education sessions to smallholder farmers to enhance behavioral change.
- Conduct cooking demonstrations and advice on how to prepare nutritious food and stay healthy.
- Conduct spot check/visits at households and provide advice and support on how to prepare complimentary foods.
- Establish and train nutrition clubs in schools
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative reports of health and nutrition activities as well as food security at household level.
- Identify value addition opportunities on food crops and cash crops for the betterment of beneficiaries’ nutrition and economic status.
- Developing and helping implement personalized nutrition plans for beneficiaries.
- Participate in the organization resource mobilization activities
- Simplifying important information for beneficiaries and explaining the benefits of staying on a healthy diet.
- Establish and maintain good coordination and work relationships with government officials including participating in nutrition steering meetings
- Facilitate linkages between beneficiaries and other stakeholders (public and private)for nutrition and food security purposes.
- Conduct awareness creation on nutrition issues through different platforms such as events, exhibitions/ symposiums, seminars/ workshops
- Ensuring that you stay updated on the latest nutritional diets and trends.
- Other official duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Nutrition, Human Nutrition or Food Science from the reputable Institution/University.
- At least 3 years of technical management experience, including direct supervision of technical teams and implementing partners.
- Excellent training skills in working with adults’learners particularly at the community level
- Good communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, including the ability to monitor progress of program implementation.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft package.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
How to Apply:
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Applications should also include an up-to- date CV with three contactable professional references, academic certificates and a cover letter (with the address given below) Applications, which do NOT include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
Sustainable Environment Management Action
23BR.TUMUA P.0. Box 365,
43101, Singida, Tanzania.
All applications should be sent through email: [email protected] Electronics applications are highly encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is Sunday 16th April 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
SEMA is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply
We DO NOT charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls.
If shortlisted, you will get an official call/ mail from our office and receive the required steps.