Communication and Marketing Officer at Sustainable Environment Management Action (SEMA)
Sustainable Environment Management Action (SEMA)
Sustainable Environment Management Action (SEMA) is a nongovernment organization which set out to fight poverty through improving Health and Nutrition status, Inclusive quality Education, WASH services, Good Governance and Leadership, Institutional development, Climate Change (Mitigation and adaptation), Agricultural productivity and Environmental Management and Conservation in the rural areas of the poor and marginalized communities.
SEMA in partnership with Stromme Foundation (SF) is implementing the Enhanced Livelihoods through Commercial Agricultural Production (ELCAP) Project in three districts (Ikungi, Iramba and Manyoni) in Singida region, Tanzania. The project overall goal is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of small-scale farmers and their households by increasing food security, enhancing income generating opportunities and creating jobs.
Title: Communication and Marketing Officer
Employment type : Fulltime
Location : Singida Region, Tanzania
Duration : 1-year renewable
The Communication and Marketing Officer will be responsible for ELCAP project which aim on the overall responsibility to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers, and other value-chain actors in the Singida Region of Tanzania, by improving their agricultural production, diversifying revenue streams, creating jobs and expanding their links to wider markets. He/ She will support farmers’ access to more lucrative markets and broader product distribution will be achieved through a Commercial Village approach, promoting farmer organizations and coordination among farmers, as well as linkages with buyers and other stakeholders along the product value chain.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Jointly with the relevant staff to ensure timely and quality completion of all ECLAP activities including procurement and distribution of inputs.
- Support farmers’ access to more lucrative markets and broader product distribution will be achieved through a
- Commercial Village approach, promoting farmer organizations and coordination among farmers, as well as linkages with buyers and other stakeholders along the product value chain.
- Support farmers in value addition of their produces through quality improvement, as farming and production methods are improved, allowing the products to be sold at a higher price and to a broader market.
- Link farmers especially Women, youth and PWDs to new income opportunities, and to the newly enhanced value chains
- Identify and brand the value-addition opportunities that strengthen economic opportunities, especially for young women and rural youth, in the agriculture sectors as identified by local and national government as well as independent market studies and needs assessments.
- Establish and maintain good coordination and working relationships with district leaders and local government departments.
- Participate in the planning of learning events, exhibits, workshops that bring private and public sector entities together to collectively review and discuss technology developments and innovation.
- Support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to direct program participants, engaging them as equal partners in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of our field activities.
- Working with the Program Manager to create a marketing strategy and mapping out the tasks needed to implement the strategies.
- Collaborating with other project staff to create advertising content for the project development to create more demand of the project in the region.
- Participate in the Organization resource mobilization and preparation of the SEMA’s annual reports and proposal.
Qualification and Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Marketing, Agribusiness, Business Administration or related fields
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- At least 3 years of technical management experience, including direct supervision of technical teams and implementing partners.
- Solid knowledge of social protection, household economic strengthen and microenterprise and market development instruments and framework
- Excellent training skills in working with adults’learners particularly at the community level
- Good communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, including the ability to monitor progress of program implementation.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft package.
- Experience with market facilitation, supporting systemic change and promoting supporting services indirectly is preferred.
- Relevant personal experience with the green economy programming promoting youth green entrepreneurs, digital financing, and working commercial villages.
- Conversant with digital tools (including monitoring tools) and workflows. Familiarity with principles and practice of savings-led microfinance strong data analysis background.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
How to Apply:
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Applications should also include an up-to- date CV with three contactable professional references, academic certificates and a cover letter (with the address given below) Applications, which do NOT include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
Sustainable Environment Management Action
23BR.TUMUA P.0. Box 365,
43101, Singida, Tanzania.
All applications should be sent through email: [email protected] Electronics applications are highly encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is Sunday 16th April 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
SEMA is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply
We DO NOT charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call/ mail from our office and receive the required steps.