How To access NWU DIY services?
Open your browser, navigate to www.nwu.ac.za and click on the “DIY Services” link in the page footer. Sign in with your NWU number and network password. *Take note – please use Mozilla Firefox or Chrome as your default browser.
DIY Portal is essential for both students and staffs of the North-West University (NWU).
North-West University NWU DIY Service Portal:
- North-West University NWU DIY Service Portal: https://diyservices.nwu.ac.za/
- North-West University NWU General Service Portal: http://services.nwu.ac.za/
North-West University NWU Online DIY Portal guide
INFORMATION YOU NEED TO HAVE READY THAT WILL ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY (NWU) DIY ACCESS
- DIY is freely available to use on the NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY (NWU) website, via the internet.
- There are instructions on the screen to guide the end users and make the use of the tool user friendly
- Conditions of use (explained below) must be read and accepted in order to use the DIY.
Detailed instructions on how to access the North-West University NWU DIY Portal are as follows:
- Go to North-West University NWU DIY services portal.
- Using any of the mainstream internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- On the left side of the page, kindly enter your username and password as it applies to you.
- After filling the required DIY details, you can then proceed.
Following the DIY instructions as stated above gives you easy access to your North-West University (NWU) dashboard.
DIY Service Apps now available from outside the NWU
You can now access the services without being on campus or connecting via VPN.
Currently, the available apps are:
- Leave Balances – Display staff leave balances
- Supervisor Hierarchy – Allocate supervisors per Organisation Entity (OE)
- Action List – Approve or reject applications and allocate workflow items
- NWU Vending Funds – Displays the funds available on a student’s student card
- POPI – Displays the POPI status of a person
A specific contact person provides support for each app (please see ‘Where to find more information on an app’ below). New apps will be added as new functionalities are developed.
How to access the portal
Open your browser, navigate to www.nwu.ac.za and click on the “DIY Services” link in the page footer.
Sign in with your NWU number and network password.
*Take note – please use Mozilla Firefox or Chrome as your default browser. The portal does not function optimally in Internet Explorer.
How to access an app
Click on the app icon you wish to use.
Where to find more information on an app
After clicking on the app icon, click on the “App Information” link just above the app window. A “How-to guide” icon will contain a pdf file with the necessary steps and contact person details.
How to sign out
Click on the “Logout” button in the page header.
We hope this portal will add value to your work day!
Please share your feedback and comments with Information Technology by sending an email to [email protected].