PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH Tanzania Country Program is currently recruiting for the Senior Program Assistant who will support several health projects implemented in Tanzania. The Senior Program Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the project administration working closely with Technical Director of Programs and other project leads. He /She will be responsible for assisting to plan, design and deliver project activities. This position is based in Dar-es Salaam, Tanzania.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate arrangements for meetings, conferences, workshops, and other events, both internal and high-level project meetings for members of the project team with Tanzanian government officials, collaborating NGOs, and other Tanzanian stakeholders. These include liaising with procurement, and addressing equipment needs, catering, travel arrangements, accommodation, taxicabs, and other necessary details for staff, guests, and project consultants. Also compiling and organizing relevant background materials, preparing agendas, and drafting meeting minutes.
- Assist with developing and monitoring project work plan(s) and timelines, including tracking of various team activities, key resource allocations, critical-path management, and parallel track planning to ensure milestones and deliverables are constantly defined and monitored for the assigned projects. Use identified team tools to coordinate communication, work efficiency, and collaboration within the Tanzania team, as well as with team members in other countries as needed through virtual teaming practices.
- Support activities led by technical staff by helping to plan events, logistics, basic information gathering, and support with overall coordination of activities.
- Serve as project point person for email, social media, and other correspondence; alert appropriate individuals regarding necessary action items and gather information to draft responses to routine incoming correspondence.
- Maintain appropriate electronic and paper information management systems, including maintenance of project files.
- Maintain project calendars and travel schedules and coordinate with Seattle-based Senior Program Assistant on international travels and meetings.
- Assist with processing payments, liaising with the PADM, PATH TZ’s finance team; and tracking and providing status updates on payments. Includes gathering and inputting information.
- Assist with completion of administrative forms as required, including travel expenses, procurement request forms, check requests, meal conference forms, etc.
- Draft correspondence to partners and collaborators, including cover and thank-you letters and general email correspondence
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a related field.
- Minimum 3 years administrative work experience; working with international NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated strong administrative and organizational skills
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, (verbal, written, and interpersonal). Including proofreading and editing.
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to appropriately prioritize competing tasks.
- Effective time management and able to work under time pressures with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable learning new information/financial systems.
Candidate must have authorization to work in Tanzania
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, or political ideology.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org
Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected].
Job Location Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of Company Location Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Position Type Full-Time/Regular
HOW TO APPLY