UCT Email – Email for students
At registration, UCT Students will be provided with an email address in the format [email protected]. Your mailbox is hosted on Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud and includes a free copy of Microsoft Office for the duration of your studies.
Undergraduate, honours, masters and doctoral students get a 100GB mailbox, an instant messaging (IM) client and 1TB of secure cloud storage space on OneDrive.
Your Office 365 email address is supported on Windows, Mac & Linux and is accessible using Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Your myUCT email address is an ‘email address for life’, meaning that it will still be available after you graduate (should you not graduate, you will not retain your email address). Your email address will change to [email protected] once you graduate.
How To Access your mailbox using UCT Email
- Open a browser and go to https://outlook.office.com.
- Sign in using your [email protected] and your password.
- Your mailbox opens.
Outlook for mobile
Outlook for mobile is also available for free via the Google Play or Apple App Store.
How To Access OneDrive using UCT Email
- Navigate to http://portal.office.com/ and enter your [email protected] in the username field.
- Leave the password field blank and click Sign In.
- Enter your UCT student number and password in the respective fields and click Sign In.
- Click OneDrive to access your online storage.
Once you leave UCT, you will no longer be able to access OneDrive. You will therefore need to move any data you had in this location to other storage. Microsoft has provided step-by-step instructions on how to sync your saved data from OneDrive to your computer. Thereafter, you can easily move it either to another online storage solution or to an external hard drive.
To access more details about the University of Cape Town please visit the official website at uct.ac.za. For the latest articles visit here