eFundi is the NWU’s learning management system – a learning and teaching platform that connects registered students and lecturers online. It is here that students find course resources and complete course-related activities, such as writing tests and submitting assignments. eFundi also serves as a communication platform on which lecturers make course announcements or post-test results.
NWU eFundi Login Portal Address
How to Access/Log in to the eFundi Learning Management System
- Access the eFundi eLearning platform of the North West University by typing the following web address in the address field of your web browser. http://efundi.nwu.ac.za/portal. We recommend using the most up-to-date version of your Internet browser. For the best experience, we encourage you to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- To log in to eFundi, click on the Login button. First-time eFundi users: log in with your username (your 8-digit NWU student number) and your password. Your password will initially be your South African identification number, followed by “@Nwu” or for international students (including students from Namibia), this password consists of your passport number followed by “@Nwu”, e.g. 9302215067088@Nwu. After 90 days your password will expire. You will need to change your password before this time or you will need to request a new password.
How to Change or Get a New Password
- On the eFundi main page (before you login), click on Reset Password.
- To get a NEW password click on the link and provide the system with the following information: Student number, identity or passport number and your cell phone number or email address. If this information is verified with the information on your academic record, your password will be sent by SMS or by email. (Within an hour depending on your network.)
- If your information does not verify please visit Academic Administration to update your information. When you Change your CURRENT password, please change your password to something that only you will easily remember. Please note that passwords for full times students expire every 90 days.
Update your NWU email address
Students are required to provide the university with an email address. This email address will be used by the NWU to send you official information. If you do not have a personal e-mail address on the system, please add one. You can change your email address by clicking on Change / Update your Contact info.
How To access a site/module on the NWU eFundi Portal
- Click on the tab of your site or module on the purple navigation bar. The selected tab will turn grey once you have accessed the site.
Module codes/names differ from program to program of study.
- Note: If the site/module is not displayed in the purple tab please click on the Sites dropdown menu to view the sites/modules not displayed.
- Please note that each module has a tool menu on the left-hand side of the screen. Each item on the menu is referred to as a tool.
How to View/download resources on the NWU eFundi Portal
When you click on the resources tool in the left-hand side menu it will open up a list of files, saved in a folder. In this example, we are demonstrating the steps to access the map.png file
- Click on the relevant file
- You will be asked to either save or open the file. (The file will open in the default format e.g. MS Word/PDF) (Depending on the browser settings both Firefox and Chrome automatically download the file)
How to View/submit an Assignment on the NWU eFundi Portal
Depending on how your lecturer has set up the site you would be able to access the assignment either by clicking on the assignments tool to open up your assigned assignments OR clicking on the link to the assignment within the module content (Lessons tool). Pay attention to the due date of the assignment as well as the assignment submission instructions.
- To view the assignment, click on the title of an assignment in the assignment list.
- To submit your assignment, Browse for your assignment on your computer.
- The attached assignment will appear under the heading Submission.
- If you want to remove the attachment click on Remove. To submit a new copy, click on Browse again to upload another file.
- Click Submit, if you are ready to submit, then you should see a confirmation message.
It is important that we have your latest valid e-mail address to ensure that you get your notifications, and for TurnItIn to work.
To check that we have the correct e-mail address:
Go to the Home tab at the top of the screen, and select the Profile option in the menu on the left of the screen. Check your e-mail address in the Contact Information section.
If your e-mail is incorrect, how do you fix it?
- You can change your e-mail for NWU correspondence here.
- Click here to download a printable tutorial.