Finding and Accessing VUT Past Exam Papers (VUT Past Question Papers)
Past exam Question papers can be so helpful for students looking to prepare well for their coming examinations. It is recommended that students revise previous exam question papers so that they can understand how exam questions are asked and the best ways to solve/ answer the questions
Vaal University of Technology Students often ask if the library provides copies of previous VUT examination question papers so that they can practice on old examination questions.
Here is How You Can Access The VUT Exam Past Papers
Did you know that you can access past examination papers using the library catalogue? The easiest way to do that is to just have the “subject codes” of the course you have registered for and follow these few steps:
- Type www.vut.ac.za
- Select Library from the VUT website.
- Select “Library Catalogue” on your right-hand menu.
- Take your cursor/pointer and put it under the “Keyword” search.
- Scroll down and select “Subject” search.
- Type your subject code (Example BBISX1A) and press enter.
- You will then be taken to the page below and this will list all past exam papers under the subject code you have typed.
- From this list, you can choose and click the exam paper of your choice
- After that, you will be directed to the page below.
- To view the exam paper of your choice you will then be requested to identify yourself.
- You will then be requested to type your surname and your student or staff number and click submit.
- After identifying yourself you will be taken to this page where you will be able to view the full paper.
- You can view, print (50c per page) or save the paper on your memory stick.
- Kindly note that VUT Libraries do not have answers for these exam papers; you can work in groups when trying to find answers.
When preparing For University Examination you have to look at the Following;
- Time management, procrastination, passive vs active learning, memorizing vs understanding, what is required at the university level, studying in groups, useful tools and techniques, planning the two weeks leading up to the exam, the night before, exam day, writing your exam paper the “deter” way, direction words, multiple choice, what to do about exam anxiety, and planning the next steps.
You can also check How To Access VUT Student portal From Here
Revising VUT Past Exam Papers helps Students:
- Sharpens Skills. The more you practice with past exam questions, the more you sharpen your skills.
- Prepare Psychologically.
- Enhances Time Management Skills.
- Helps to Mark Out Your Weak Area.
- Helps to Understand the Exam Questions Style.
Benefits of Studying Past Exam Papers
There are many benefits associated with using VUT past exam papers including the following:
- Helps understand likely exam time length;
- Indicates the typical number of questions;
- Identifies the number of choices provided;
- It helps work out the time required for each question;
- Determines the style of exam questions (short-answer, multiple choice, or essays);
- Helps practice exam techniques;
- Helps identify key subject areas to focus on in revision.
One of the most important benefits of practicing past papers is that it helps students to understand the most likely topics to be included in the exam. As most courses have a broad range of associated topics, looking over past papers will help save a lot of potential time wasted on Course subjects that are not likely to be on the paper thus making one’s revision much more efficient and productive.
If you have not used past exam papers before, I hope you can now see the value in using them during revision and exam preparation. Practicing past exam papers helps to fine-tune key exam techniques and to refresh understanding of key phrases or terminology. It also helps in time management so that vital time is not wasted on unnecessary things while you are in the exam room.
To Find out more details about the Vaal University of Technology kindly visit the official website at https://www.vut.ac.za/.
For the latest articles visit here