Wits Library Login: The library facilitates access to high-quality information resources and services through a team of skilled and knowledgeable staff and welcoming physical environments.
Setting a PIN for Remote Access : This guide will show you the basics of how to find information in print and online at the Witwatersrand Health Sciences Library
Remembering your PIN
Accessing e-journals, e-databases and e-books off campus requires you to have a valid PIN, which validates you as a bona fide Wits student or member of staff.
You set the PIN ONCE only, but if you forget this number, you have to ask a librarian to create a new PIN on your behalf. This is a waste of everyone’s time, so you are advised to write down your PIN and keep it in a safe place. Do not assume you will remember this number – you will not!
Renewing your Books
You can renew your books yourself with your PIN, as well as using it for remote access.
You should never have to pay a Library fine for an overdue book!
How to Set your PIN the First Time – Wits Library PIN
Use the PIN link to a guide for setting or creating a PIN
Or follow the steps below:
- Go to the library home page http://www.wits.ac.za/library
- From the links at the side of the page, select the link to My Library Account
- Enter your surname in the correct box
- Enter your student/staff number in the correct box
- Type in a PIN that you will remember. You may not use your student/staff number.
- Click on submit
- If you are creating a PIN for the first time, you will be asked to resubmit this information.
- If the PIN creation process has been successful, you should be in your own catalogue record (your name should appear in the top left corner of the screen)
- This PIN will remain valid until you modify (change) it, or leave Wits
- Log Out
- Your PIN is now set – use it each time you are prompted to do so
Go to the library home page http://www.wits.ac.za/library. From the links at the side of the page, select the link to My Library Account. Enter your surname in the correct box. Enter your student/staff number in the correct box
Wits Library Contact details
Wits LibGuides: https://libguides.wits.ac.za/
LibGuides is an easy-to-use content management system deployed at thousands of libraries worldwide. Librarians use it to curate knowledge and share information, organize class and subject-specific resources, and create and manage websites.