University of Johannesburg, UJ
Vibrant, multicultural and dynamic, the University of Johannesburg (UJ) shares the pace and energy of cosmopolitan Johannesburg, the city whose name it carries. Proudly South African, the university is alive down to its African roots, and well-prepared for its role in actualising the potential that higher education holds for the continent’s development. UJ has transformed into a diverse, inclusive, transformational and collegial institution, with a student population of over 50 000, of which more than 3000 are international students from 80 countries. This makes University of Johannesburg one of the largest contact universities in South Africa (SA) from the 26 public universities that make up the higher education system.
The vision of the UJ is to be “an international University of choice, anchored in Africa, dynamically shaping the future”. The mission can be described as follows: “inspiring its community to transform and serve humanity through innovation and the collaborative pursuit of knowledge”. These are underpinned by four values, namely: imagination, conversation, regeneration and ethical foundation. The six strategic objectives provide a focused means for realising the Vision, Mission and Values of the University as set out above. They further represent a re-working of the original UJ Strategic Thrusts 2020 in the context of a wider positioning of the University as “The Pan-African” Centre for Critical Intellectual Inquiry, with the primary goal of achieving global excellence and stature.
The University comprises numerous faculties, schools, colleges and departments. Find the list of Faculties and or colleges available at the university (UJ)
College of Business and Economics (CBE)
- Created from the former Faculties of Management, and Economic and Financial Sciences
Faculty Of Art, Design And Architecture
- Industry-relevant and competitive professional programmes
Faculty of Education
- Education has the power to transform human lives
Faculty of Engineering & the Built Environment
- First in South Africa offering a full range of professional engineering qualifications Close Up Portrait Of Her She Nice Attractive Confident Wavy Hair
Faculty of Health Sciences
- A preferred learner experience and innovative methods
Faculty of Humanities
- To the benefit of individuals, the University and the community we serve Scales Of Justice, Lady Justice, Law Library Concept, Law Books In The Background.
Faculty of Law
- Traditional, specialised and short-course Law programmes
Faculty of Science
- Innovatively creating new knowledge and leading scientists
Johannesburg Business School
- JBS. Opening a digital world of opportunities.
University of Johannesburg Website
University of Johannesburg, UJ Latest Updates