The 2022 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to be the 22nd running of the FIFA World Cup competition, the quadrennial international men’s football championship contested by the senior national teams of the member associations of FIFA. It is scheduled to take place in Qatar from 20 November to 18 December 2022.
The tournament was originally set to begin a day later with Senegal’s game against the Netherlands at Al Thumama Stadium but Qatar’s match was moved forward to allow them to open their home tournament.
England will now feature on the second day with their Group B match against Iran scheduled to take place on Monday November 21 with a 1pm UK time kick-off. The game is just eight days after the Premier League shuts down
After qualifying via the play-offs, Wales’ first game will also be on Monday November 21.
Wales will then play England on Tuesday November 29 in Group B.
The final will be played at the Lusail Stadium in Doha a week before Christmas on Sunday December 18.
What is the World Cup group draw?
The 2022 World Cup will begin with 32 teams in eight groups of four:
- Group A: Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands
- Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales
- Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland
- Group D: France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia
- Group E: Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan
- Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia
- Group G: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon
- Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea
More details at the official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ website
LEAVE A REPLY