1 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF) is a non- profit Trust, established in 2006 with the vision towards healthy lives and well-being for all, in Tanzania and the rest of Africa. Its strategic mission is to contribute towards the attainment of better health outcomes through innovative health and related system solutions.
BMF’s Vision and Mission can be achieved through empowered workforce, which is self-motivated, committed to growth and integrity, and the one who pursues excellence in execution. BMF seeks for innovative, self-driven, dynamic, and competent qualified candidates to fill the below vacancy: –
Position Title: Payroll Accountant
Reports to: Finance Manager
Department: Directorate of Finance & Grants
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam – Tanzania
Overall purpose of the job
Responsible for all payroll related payments for both BMF staff and Project related staff that are located in all Regions of Tanzania.
Key Output 1: Payroll Mangement
- Preparation of BMF and project staff Payroll including management of staff payroll changes and statutory deductions in collaboration with BMF HR office and program focal staff.
- Analyze payroll irelated ssues from ingternal and external beenfciaries and suggesting appropriate solutions and action plans.
- Generate periodic payroll reports as required by different levels of reviewrs.
- Periodic assessment of accuracy and ccompleteness of system reports in relation to Payroll.
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, accounting entries, invoices, and other documents in relation to payroll.
- Update BMF and projects cash books and ledgers.
- Files all monthly statutory deductions and updates all receipts for payroll deduction from related statutory authorities.
- Responsible for calculation of taxes and prepare tax forms and returns based on
URT tax laws and regulations.
- Ensures that payroll processing is in compliance with the Laws of the country and
in compliance to donor’s regulations and allocations.
- Ensures monthly remittances of withheld salary deductions such as PAYE, Pensions, and others, to the relevant statutory bodies and other organizations and ensures the respective receipts are obtained in return.
- Ensure both BMF and project related staff receives monthly salary slips as per existing method and/or system of producing and sharing salary slips to all staff.
Key Output 2: Cash & Bank Reconciliation Updates
- Input payments in the BMF bank accounts.
- Ensures all funds received are receipted and banked on the date of receipt or following day.
- Carries out bank reconciliations for all projects and Trust plus creditors and
- Responsible for all salaries JVs and proper allocation of payroll expenditure to respective projects.
- Ensures request for payments or internal memos have appropriate approvals before processing payments.
- Ensures the safeguard of bank cheques, cash receipts, and petty cash allocated.
- Maintains, monitors, and disburses funds from the project bank account in
accordance with BMF’s Financial Management Guidelines.
- Supports management and maintenance of good banking relationships.
Key Output 3: Ledger Entries Verification
- Verifies supporting documents for accuracy and completeness before payments are initiated.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, cheques, online payments, and mobile payments.
- Ensures receipts and payment vouchers are properly classified an and filed.
- Ensures posting of transactions in the accounting system.
- Examine financial documents such as invoices, vouchers, and other documents such as purchase orders to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data.
- Provides accounting policy orientation for new staff.
Key Output 4: Monthly Journal Vouchers
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts.
- Resolve reported accounting discrepancies on payroll and other related entries.
- Check accuracy and adequacy of documentation and compliance of procedures of all claims/requests/invoices.
- Responsible for recording and assigning costs based on approved budget in BMF
- Compile backup documentation for all project related transactions and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented.
- Attends Monthly Management Business Review Meeting
Key Output 5: Reports
- Prepare accurately and timely Foundation’s and projects financial reports for
assigned project(s) as required.
- Analyse and review budgets and expenditures of day-to-day activities.
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors, and clients.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the Foundation’s automated financial systems.
Key Output 6: Pre-Assessments, Spot checks and Audit
- Provide necessary support to internal and external auditors of BMF both
Institutional and project related reviews and audits.
- Supports internal and external assessments and spot checks. whenever conducted.
- Supports/ Provide responses and action plans to internal and external audit comments and findings.
• Conducts daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with BMFs regulations.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA (T) Added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in working on similar roles.
- Experience of working with Multi-Donor Funded projects will be an added advantage.
Required skills and competencies:
- Financial and Accounting analytical skills
- Knowledge of financial regulatory requirements
- Good interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Computer literate – Accounting packages, Payroll software and Office applications
2 MODE OF APPLICATION:
For all interested candidates send your achievement focused CV, copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Benjamin W. Mkapa Foundation, via email: [email protected]
The advert can also be found on our website: www.mkapafoundation.or.tz ,
Instagram: @mkapafoundation | Twitter: @MkapaFoundation
The deadline for application is on Thursday 1st September 2022
BMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. BMF is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible. In the event of any abuse, you may report by submitting you are complaining via http://whistleblow.mkapafoundation.or.tz/