Heavy Equipment And Agri Technician
TPC Ltd is one of the fast-growing sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic Tanzanians to fill vacancies positions in various Departments.
POST : Heavy Equipment And Agri Technician
Reports to the Heavy Equipment Supervisor.
Core Job Description:
Diagnose, technical complex problems and perform repairs of components and systems on Heavy vehicle, earth moving, tractors and Agricultural equipment
- Able to identify and list spare parts that are required for the repairs in a spare part catalogue.
- Read & understanding equipment operating & repair manuals and execute the works as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Understanding the hydraulic & electrical schematics, able to diagnose a problem and perform the repairs.
- Perform scheduled & preventive maintenance / repairs as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Diagnose and identify malfunctions, using a computer & other diagnostic tools.
- Fully understanding equipment “system operation” such as power train, engine, transmission, hydraulics, brakes, electrics, and monitoring systems.
- Overhaul and test major components and systems abovementioned.
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment accessories and components.
- Properly record and report the details of the job that has been performed to his foreman or supervisor.
- Will be requested as and when required to coach, guide & train mechanics.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
- The position holder shall be required to perform the above duties on the following types of equipment:
- Articulated and rigid heavy Tractors above 120HP.
- Earth-moving equipment such as Graders, Crawlers, Excavators, Wheel Loaders and Generators.
- Cane Harvesters and Mobile Cranes.
- Degree or Diploma holder in Mechanical, Agro Mechanical Engineering.
- Or a combination of relevant academic qualifications/Certificate in Mechanical, electrical, Heavy vehicle, Agro Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 10 years working experience on Heavy Vehicle, earth moving or Tractors as a mechanic + 3 to 5 years’ experience working as a Technician on the above type of equipment.
- Working experiences in industries such as mining, sugar production, tractor, heavy & earth moving equipment dealers recommendable.
NOTE: Internal Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for this position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, “if you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Human Resources Executive Officer,
P. O. Box 93,
Tel: +255272754389, FAX:+255272754391
E-mail: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 12 September 2022.