The International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration IOM invites dynamic Tanzanians to apply for the Driver position. Read more here and download The International Organization for Migration IOM pdf file which has the application form.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for driving vehicles to transport persons and goods authorized by The International Organization for Migration IOM, from one destination to another as scheduled in a safe and cost-effective manner. The incumbent will perform the following essential functions:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Drive IOM-assigned vehicle(s).
2. Ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicles and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
3. Perform the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness. This includes daily checking of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, and battery, and ensuring the cleanliness of the vehicle.
4. Make weekly reports on vehicle status and share them with the Supervisor. Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that require immediate attention to the Supervisor. Assist the Supervisor in planning and control of (regular) services.
5. Dispatch and collection of official documents and mail.
6. Complete Communication Equipment Checklists i.e., radio, cell phone, walkie/talkie, and other equipment.
7. In case of an accident, ensure supervisors are informed and a police report is obtained.
8. Ensure proper authorized use of The International Organization for Migration IOM vehicles through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs and report to supervisor if unauthorized incidents/use took place
9. Check daily status and availability of spares, jack and tools and perform minor repairs to the vehicle, change tires, refuel the vehicle as always required and ensure the cleanliness of the vehicle.
10. Ensure that, The International Organization for Migration IOM vehicle(s) are only used for official/authorized business and report to the supervisor if an unauthorized incident (s) took place.
11. Return keys for safeguarding at the end of the shift or hand over to the next driver.
12. Prepare monthly and annual fuel reports, maintenance reports and personal mileage reports for The International Organization for Migration IOM vehicles in Kasulu and verify that The International Organization for Migration IOM cars is used for official trips only.
13. May be required to work night/weekend shifts and on a regular basis.
14. Perform other duties as may be required by Supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary School Diploma, Minimum 2 (Two) Years of experience
- Must possess a valid driving license for driving Public Service Vehicles
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs TEchnical
- Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations
LANGUAGES Required (specify the required knowledge) Desirable
- Fluency in both written and spoken, English and Kiswahili
- English and Kiswahili
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team’s purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands-on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and adjusting as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Keeps abreast of new developments in their own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours
• Commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and applies lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that are easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build an understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others.
- Acts on the received information
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letters indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: [email protected]
The vacancy is open for Tanzanian nationals only. Only e-mail applications will be considered.
For further information, please refer to: https://tanzania.iom.int/careers