TPC Ltd is one of the fast-growing sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic Tanzanians to fill vacancies positions in various Departments.
POST: Analyst (1 Post)
Reports to the Senior Agronomist
Core Job Description:
Responsible for Collecting, receiving, preparing, and analysing samples or substances using the correct testing equipment in line with standard testing procedures, recording observations & document all activities and Communicating information appropriately
- Ensure effective operation and to maintain high analytical standards in running day to day operations of the TPC field laboratory.
- Make sure all apparatus and equipment are in good order before start and after completion of any analysis.
- Prepare all reagents and chemicals needed for analysis.
- Supervise all samples taking from any fields if need be.
- Register and keep records of all Soil and water samples, read and record weather data at weather station and ensure weather station are in good order.
- Do soil sample preparation such as Soil grinding.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are always followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Diagnose Sugar cane for ratoon stunting disease (RSD) by using phase contrast microscope.
- Performed any duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position, attention to detail to ensures the data is accurate and the results are reliable.
- Experience in operating laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (e.g., flammable liquids etc.).
- In depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures, and laboratory best practices.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team member, excellent physical condition and endurance, demonstrate willingness to learn and potential to grow
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems, ability to communicate in English.
- Diploma in in Science and Lab Technology/or Laboratory practice training grade one from VETA or any recognized institution.
- A combination of relevant academic qualifications and two years working experience in Laboratory Environment.
NOTE: Internal Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for this position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. The closing deadline for all applications is 31st August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, “if you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Human Resources Executive Officer,
P. O. Box 93,
Tel: +255272754389, FAX:+255272754391
E-mail: [email protected]